Wednesday 2 May 2012

Oh the Pain

Sunday's ride called off.  It was pouring - and on the walk to the DLC for the consolatory  go on the spining bike I did notice a tree was down - the road was flooded and shuddered at the thougth of taking on Leith and White Down in these conditions.
At the David Lloyd - I put in half an hour at 250 watts - which - I am assured is roughly 500m climb - or a quater of the Col Du Madeleine.  Jeez - this is going to be hard.
On a sunnier note - I have a seat in the box for the Newcastle United / chelsea game at Stamford Bridge.
And on another sunnier note - my February bet on Roy Hodgson paid out at 16/1.
And Hugo and I know that we will be seeing an all Ireland Heineken Cup final at Twickenham as Ulster take on Leinster.  The chance to see Brian O'Driscoll at last.
Back to the bike and the Etape Prep.  The cancellation of the sportive left my miles and elevation for April a little lower than I wold have liked 510 miles (down on March's 685).
May is a big month - with the Long Legged Spotrive this sunday - followed by the Oxshott sportive and then the re-arranged Wiggle Ups and Downs.  The chance to put some big miles in and a shot at the Gold time for the Wiggle.
Hello to the Duchess :)  Love you loads.
x x

No comments:

Post a Comment