Saturday 28 April 2012

April Showers ! ! !

A tough week - four commutes on top of the sunday ride.
The decision to forgo the Sandown Sportive in favour of the Wiggle Ups 'n' Downs sportive may backfire.  A week of rain - and forecast rain for tomorrow (the day of the sportive) have led organisers to abandon the Epic (100) mile ride.  I have dusted down the cagoul - bought a pair of overshoes (previously deemed unnecessary on my commute as I happily splosh my feet around for an hours discomfort) and am bracing myself.
Havent spoken to dave yet - but I dont think he will be keen.  The Gold time attempt is surely out of the window too.  Have to settle for silver - or - heaven forbid bronze.
My reckoning as as follows:
As a commuter - I am more used to riding in painful weather
My gear is ok
this is good training for the etape - as I have been informed to expect the unexpected.

Hopefully an update will be posted tomorrow or sometime after.  Fingers crossed the weather improves - or I can dig deep and pull a quick time out the bag.

Other instances of note - the tour of britain culminates with a surrey hills ride - all the favourites - Leith Hill, Ranmore etc etc.

Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment