Saturday 5 May 2012

Goals, Giro and Geordie Nation

A mixed week.  Highs include a visit to Stamford Bridge and first hand witnessing of two of the greatest goals ever scored there courtesy of Cisse.
Typically - the Chelsea masses left early - having given their team stick - allowing me to finish my prawn sarnies in the CQS Box in comfort.
Lows - breaking the motorcycle key in the Honda at 4AM the following morning - on the way to Blackfriars DR site to meet an engineer.  This prompted a 50 quid taxi journey.
Oh - and with the Long Legged sportive on Sunday - the rain still has not stopped - and shows no sign of stopping.
100 miles cycled up to now - mainly wet - all on a fixed wheel and with another 100 in front of me tomorrow, even though I bought the mudguards in late Feb - I already  have my moneys worth out of them.
The big decision now - shorts or "tights" (prefer shorts), short-leeve or long-sleeve (could be a short sleeve day if I could find my arm warmers) - peanut butter sarnies or gels.  Surely it has to be a shoe covers day - and definitely cagoul - all of which annoys me.
The Long legged garmin profile will not load up - so I am riding "blind" unaware of the early stages of the course - but painfully aware of Leith Hill and White Down at the end.
Praying for a tail wind early on - and not really siure whether to push for a fast time - or just get some miles in my legs.  I will let Davey T dictate the pace - and try and lead him around the race after the first feed station.
Just enough time to put the money won on bet365 (Pappa Cisse to score first at 7/1) on Geraint Thomas to win the TT as the Giro kicks off today - and as Hugo has pointed out - we appear to have Eurosport UK enabled on the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment