Saturday 19 May 2012

Yesterday's man

Yesterday was my birthday - and I am now forty five years old.  I spent a great day - mainly relaxing - and had a serious sports massage in Epsom - arranged by Lisa.  The right leg seemed relaxed - but the left was tense - particularly the IT Band ! ! !
There then followed a nice change of medium - if not scene.  Following lunch - a DRIVE - round the Surrey Hills and a four wheel appetiser of the usual routes.  Shere, Abinger, Peaslake, Cranleigh - they were all served up - this time from the comfort of a car.  Must say it made a lovely change - and proved an ideal taster for this Sunday's Wiggle re-arranged Ups and Downs.  I gave smug approving looks to the poor souls peddling their hearts out and fighting up the inclines - don't worry folks - this hombre will be in the same boat Sunday - as he has been most Sundays previous !
Over the course of the evening - the welcome news that British Cycling have chosen me as one of their seasons bloggers came through.  This is great - and I am thrilled at the prospect.  I will still keep this Blog up - but there may be some duplication.
I am now nervously waiting for the delivery of my Muvi Atom - so I can record tomorrows Sportive.  Certainly the commute will make for some interesting scenes - as it two falls and a car collision on the last four months haven't been enough.
Update tomorrow - fingers crossed - I will go for Gold again - but would settle for silver given the course and the predicted rain.
Until then - here is a photo from last weeks Golden attempt - last climb of the day I would say - just  been cut up on a hairpin on Coombe Lane by a bloke in a jag.  Had I not been so  completely shattered - I am sure a few choice Anglo-saxon expletives may have been offered.


No comments:

Post a Comment